Finally made it to spring break, and the first thing I do is get sick. Woke up Saturday with a sore throat and generally feeling icky; Sunday I felt like warmed-over crap and just croaked around on the couch all day, sending the Spousal Unit out for soup and sodas and junk food.
Today I was lively enough to shower and dress, so I must be on the mend. Guess it wasn’t the Flu from Hell that’s been going around.
While I’ve got you here, let me point you over to Match It for Pratchett. You may not have heard that Terry Pratchett has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, which really sucks. Pratchett’s donated £500,000 to research on the disease (that’s about $1 million in U.S. money nowadays), and his fans are doing their damndest to meet or exceed that amount.
Go, now, and toss in a buck or ten, because
- Alzheimer’s sucks, and I want a cure before I or anyone I know get it
- Terry Pratchett is a brilliant writer and it would suck to not have any more Pratchett books
- Alzheimer’s sucks, and it gets 3% of the funding that cancer research gets
- People are living longer and longer these days, and do you really want the majority of the population to need full-time care because they’re no longer compos mentis?
- Did I mention Alzheimer’s sucks?